Answer the following questions about the causes of the war.
- What was the name of the king that gave up his throne in 1931?
- What was the two word name of the ruling government of Spain during the period between 1931 and 1939? Who were the two presidents during this time? Who were some of the other prominent government officials during this time?
- Name at least three causes for reform that led to the Civil War.
- Name at least two names that each fighting force was given.
- In what ways was the role of the Catholic Church downplayed by the Spanish government in the years leading up to Civil War?